Vojin Kocić, classical guitar
Vojin Kocić was born in 1990, in Smederevo, Serbia. In 2013 he graduated his Bachelor studies at the Zürcher Hochschule der Künste. He is currently a first year Master student of the “Master in specialized musical performance” program at ZHdK in Zurich (Switzerland) in the class of professor Anders Miolin.
Vojin gave more than fifty soloist concerts, including performance at the First Royal Concert for His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Alexander in Belgrade, winning soloist concerts in Belgrade (as part of the Guitart fest), in Rust (Austria), Bratislava in Slovakia (in organization of the National Broadcasting Service of Serbia and Slovakia national broadcasting corporation).
As a soloist he played with orchestras such as the Athens Kamerata String Orchestra, Belgrade String Orchestra “St.George”, “Dušan Skovran” Strings Chamber Orchestra of Belgrade, Symphonic Orchestra of the National Radio and TV Broadcasting Service of Serbia.
Vojin Kocić won the “ArtLink Most Promising Music Artist Award in Serbia, for 2010 and, as a part of the Award, held concerts in Belgrade at the Kolarac Endowment Concert Hall and at the “Salon rouge” at the “l'Hôtel national des Invalides” in Paris.
He also has been awarded with first and special prizes at many domestic and international competitions for young guitarists:
- National Serbian Competitions and Festivals of students of musical schools, (7 first prizes, special prizes, laureates);
- International competitions for young guitarists:
- “Anna Amalia International competition - 2003”, Weimar, Germany, (first prize);
- “Guitar Art Festival”, Belgrade, 2003, 2004, 2006 (first prizes);
- 3rd European competition “Andreas Segovia – 2004”, Velbert, Germany, (first prize, special prize),
- International “I Guitar Festival” - 2007, Split (first prize, special prize);
Often being the youngest competitor, Vojin has been awarded with first and special prizes at famous “non – age” open international competitions such as:
- 35th International competition “Jeunesses musicales” in Belgrade, 2005, (third prize by jury, first prize by public),
- “1st Guitar Art Festival”, Split, 2007, Croatia (first prize. special prize);
- “Guitar art” competition Belgrade, 2008 (first prize);
- 38th classical guitar competition “Michele Pittaluga” – Alessandria Italy, 2005, 2006 (as semifinalist, he was awarded with scholarship at Musical Academia Chigiana, founded by Segovia, in the class of Mr Oscar Ghiglia);
- 28th Incontri chitaristici di Gargnano, 2008. (1st prize, Special prize);
- 11th Classical Guitar Festival “John Duarte“, Rust, Austria, 2009. (1st prize, Special prize);
- Concorso Internazionale di Chitarra classica “Ruggero Chiesa” – Citta di Camogli 2010, (1st prize, special prize);
- International Classical Guitar Competition Karl Scheit, Wien, 2010 (3rd prize, special prize);
- World Classical Guitar Competition, Novi Sad, Serbia, 2012 (1st Prize);
- European Classical Guitar Competition “Enrico Mercatali”, Gorizia, Italy, 2012 (1st Prize);
- Agustin Barrios International Guitar Competition, Nuoro, Italy, 2012 (2nd Prize and “Barrios Special Prize”).
Vojin took part in a number of masterclasses and courses held by internationally renowned guitarists including Oscar Ghiglia, Hubert Kappell, Pepe Romero, Costas Cotsiolis, Pavel Steidl, Leo Brower, Carlo Marhcione, Tillman Hoppstock, Zoran Dukić, Marco Tamayo, Duško Bogdanović, Judicael Perroy, Goran Krivokapić, Edin Karamazov, Miroslav Tadić, Denis Azabagić, Sante Tursi, Laura Young, Pablo Marquez, Suzana Prieto, etc.